1.05.2014

NYE - "Did we buy tickets to be murdered?"

Amanda, Katie, Taff, Me
This NYE was girls gone wild night out. 

The girls and I decided to buy tickets to a warehouse party Amanda's friend had heard about. I decided to trust their judgement and didn't even bother to look at the event website.

When we pulled up to a warehouse I def had my doubts....BUT it turned out to be safe (no one was murdered) and lots of the typical fun. The 80s cover band was pretty legit, and the DJ was, well, adequate.

We danced the night away and rang in the new year right - kiss and all.

It seemed like fun and games until we needed a cab. We called at 1 and by 2 it still wasn't there. It never came. Houston seems to have a cab shortage so we fought for one from about 2-3a. The problem was that the cabs were taking whoever was willing to throw the most money at them and not the person that ordered it. Amanda really wasn't having it so she took it up with a driver and ended up almost getting ran over while she took down his plates since he wouldn't give his number.  

It was pretty cold out (and made me wish I drank more so I wouldn't have felt it as much) so I worked some magic and managed to acquire two jackets because chivalry still exists. AND one of the jacket donors even walked down Washington, found a cab, and came back so we could share. I even got him to pay for our continued trip home. What? He had previously offered so I held him to it. I was feeling extra generous so I pretended to take his friends number and promised to text. I lied. It was like the hunger games out there, so I did what was necessary to survive.

We finally made it back to Katie's apt and ended the night/started the year with an episode of J'amie Private School Girl. I'm so glad I could introduce Amanda to the quicheness.

No comments:

Post a Comment