9.15.2013

Eye Gazing and Cinnamon Toast Cheesecake

Cole, Brittany, and Emma joined us for our monthly dinner at Kari's. It was so nice to have them there!

It was fun playing with the girls, watching their imaginations, and ability to make conversation. It's crazy getting to watch them grow these last 2 & 3 years. 

Britt & I snacked on some spinach dip while Kari prepped the kabobs. Ramiro also gave us some delish ceviche. I was hesitant to try it since I'm not big on seafood, but it was pretty good. I'm not saying I would ever request it, but I would eat it again. 

While the husbands grilled, Kari and I started discussing Mckayla's eye color...which lead to talking about our eyes. And then we shared a moment where we were about two inches away from each other inspecting the others eyes. It was romantic. 

Grandma had emailed me some new recipes, so I adapted one of them and brought Cinnamon Toast Cheesecake.


Cinnamon Toast Cheesecake
2 cans crescent rolls
2 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick of butter
Cinnamon sugar mix (1 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 c sugar)


  • Preheat oven to 350* and grease up an 8x8 pan.
  • Press 1 can crescent rolls in bottom and on sides.
  • Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth, then spread on crescent rolls (I prefer less filing, so I had some left over).
  • Spread the second can of crescent rolls over the cheesecake filling.
  • Melt butter and pour on top, then cover with cinnamon sugar mix. 
  • bake for 30 min, then turn on the broiler for a sec to cook the top. (Keep an eye on it because it will burn quick!)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment