8.28.2013

Wake Nation

After a few invites from Holls I finally sucked it up and went to Wake Nation with her & Rick.

To say I was terrified was an understatement. I don't like water. I'm not a strong swimmer since I haven't used those skills in years. I always get water up my nose despite blowing air out. I'm lacking coordination and balance.

I waited until the last min to RSVP yes, and I'm glad I did.

We get to Wake Nation, watch the video of how you will die, sign the waver, get our equipment, and hit the cables.

I'm impressed that I didn't cry since that's my typical go to fear response, and that I didn't break any bones.

I watched Holly rock the little bro like a pro as I mentally went over all of the tips the worker had been giving out.

I basically busted all the way down and back. At one point I wanted to request that I just be pulled in instead of put through the torture of trying to get up again.

My second run was better and I got up! Then I got scared, panicked, and busted.

My third run was alright, until I accidentally turned my board at the end, panicked and purposely fell becuase I was afraid I was going to turn it again and snap my leg in half. Holly thought I was trying to do a trick - I only wish I was that cool.

After that I was kind of over it. My back was already a little stiff, so I knew it was going to be a bit jacked up after the falls and opted to just watch the rest of the day.

I will def go back sometime and hopefully continue to not die.


1 comment:

  1. I just Googled that and it looks like SO much fun! Kudos to you for going even though you were scared!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete