7.09.2013

Nike Women's

 I ran the Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon 4 years ago as part of Team In Training.

Last year I was ready to return to San Fran...but didn't win the lottery drawing.

But this year? I won the drawing and will be 1 of the 30,000 runners! And by win I mean they drew my name and then I paid them a nice sum of money in order to put my body through a semi torturous process because I somehow think this is fun?

I'm still sticking with the 1/2 because I am more of a one and done marathoner, so I knocked that out 8 years ago and realized long distance isn't my thang (and my knees agree).

Anyway. I was checking my email about every 5 min on June 28 (the day the runners were notified). And finally I got the email during lunch. I was afraid to open because I didn't want to read a rejection, but I was also afraid to be accepted in because I haven't been consistently running since my IT band issue that sidelined me in January.

So I read it. Twice. Then threw my hands up in Victory. Then read it again out of fear that I was having a Zoolander moment and Hansel had really won instead of me. (Ugh, not again!).

I teared up a little because I was so excited and filled with joy (and terror at the memory of those hills) that I got in.

So I spent the weekend researching training plans, revising my current workout schedule, and mentally preparing for what the next 16 weeks will entail.

I have a time goal in mind, given that my body avoids injury, and I know this will be hard, but I am ready!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment