3.31.2013

2013 Q2 Check Up

Alright, so we are at the beginning of the 2nd quarter of 2013. Figured this is a good time to check in on the whole beginning of the year goals sitch to see how it's going and check for any additions.

1. Listening to your body - I've been doing a great job at this! I have taken off many weeks (I'd rather not think of how many) from running since my knee has been hurting from that activity. I've also been foam rolling in an attempt to help it. My glute isn't at 100% yet, but it doesn't hurt during activity. I typically make sure to roll it out with a tennis ball before/after lower body workouts, or when it feels tight.
2. I have gotten more aggressive with my lower body weight, and am now working on trying to get the upper body stronger too.
3-5. Running - I'd rather not discuss. The knee is still a work in progress, so these goals (especially the distance one) will need to be adjusted once I am able to get in more than one mile without pain.
6. Domestication - I've been cooking the majority of my meals. #winning. So my nutrition is getting back on track, and I rarely skip dinner (this used to be a problem from a mix of being lazy and too tired).
7. I actually forgot about this...we haven't practiced this yet.
8. It has been hard getting back up to speed after having to take 2-3 months off (the studio got bought out and fixed up, its really nice now!). BUT I am finally able to invert the "right" way. It's not perfect, but it's getting there.
9. We'll see how class keeps going...competition is at the end of the year. I think the studio will also have a few showcases, so I might eventually man up and see about doing one of those.



Exactly.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment