12.17.2012

First World Problems

A rep from Double Tree stopped by the office to promote their hotel. He was in luck since I actually do book travel for the company.

He gave me some brochures, his card, and a free cookie!

The cookie obviously caught my interest.

I was so excited to have a bite because I suspected it would be chocolate chip - something pretty standard.

It was chocolate chip...with walnuts. WTF? My smile just turned into a frown.

How can you go around handing out free cookies with nuts in them when a lot of people have nut allergies. According to Time.com, 150 people die every year from nut allergies. Do you enjoy stealthily killing people? If so, then you should totes also get a prius. Those things are so quiet that you could probably run someone over and they wouldn't even notice until they were on the ground.

Alright, so I don't have a nut allergy. But that is still something to consider.

I just don't like nuts in my food. (yes, that is what she said because I just said it).

The moral of the story is: If you are going to give me a free cookie, you better make it good!

2 comments:

  1. I agree...no nuts for me!! And really, there are sooooo many people out there with a nut allergy...not a real smart man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! This made me laugh. I hate nuts in my food too. It's the quickest way to ruin a brownie.

    ReplyDelete