10.09.2012

Wrong Side Of The Bed

I don't know what it is about traveling, but I often get grumpy after a few days. I think this mostly happens when I'm in a travel situation where I don't have many choices about what I will be doing or when. Having my independence smothered doesn't go over well. My family doesn't do this intentionally when I go home, it's more due to location.

I woke up a little grumpy Sunday. The only thing certain about my day was that I would fly out that evening and at some point I would see Mom since her and Sam were finally home from the hospital.

Around lunch time the grandparents took Marshall & I back to Sunray. We hung out there for a bit while I helped her set up a blog. Easy peasy. Then she was asking questions about how to blog. I am def not an expert. I mean, have you read the crap I post? Ok, it's not crap. But I just stick to what I know: my life and baking.

On our way to Amarillo Mom was talking about how we were going to my fave place for lunch - Papasito's.

At this point I did have to question if my mom even knew me. Papasito's is ok and I didn't mind eating there when we lived in Canyon because it the better of the two Mexican places we had, but my fave ever ever is Ruby Tequila's. I was appalled.

Anyway, it was nice to spend a few hours with Mom & Marsh before heading back to Houston. I do miss them a lot even though I don't visit often.

This was my third time to go home since the funeral last year, and it wasn't as bad dealing with the dead brother stuff as I thought it would be. It felt weird seeing the pictures of us on the walls at Grandma's house and seeing his bedroom was turned back into a guest room, but it didn't get an emotional response from me.

But then I went to Mom's house. She had done more decorating since my last visit and there were our old family & baby pictures in the hall. I don't know why, but that made me cry. It's weird because I don't even have memories with Andrew in that house (She had just moved into the house when she got married last year...which was also the last time I was home before the funeral).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9.10.12

    Well I would have rather went to Ruby Tequila's, it is one of my favorites. I am all about communication dear. :) Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seemed pretty excited about Pepitos so I didn't want to ruin it.

      Delete