3.09.2012

Fair Food - Fried Obesity

We kicked off the Houston rodeo with Go Texan Day at work. Basically you just dress like a cowboy/Texan. It was so weird walking through the tunnel at lunch because the majority of the people were wearing cowboy boots and looked a little country. Love it! I was super glad I finally caved and got boots so I fit right in.

That night I went to the cook off with S+J (sister wives date?). S had tickets for Club No-Minor. We cabed it over to Reliant because Parking was a hot mess that we didn't want to deal with. The BBQ was pretty good. The sausage was spicy, but delicious, and the brisket was pretty legit too. Jes wore high heeled boots (my fave of hers) so her feet tired pretty quickly. Since there were hardly any chairs, we ended up just sitting on the ground in the corner. Yes, we do like to keep it classy.


Eventually S helped us hunt down the fried food! He said that I would have to ride the spinny ride that made me cry last time in order to get the food, but I'm glad he didn't enforce that. I really do like roller coasters and rides that go upside down, but not at the fair. Fair rides make me feel like I'm going to die, and death by fair ride is not how I want to go out.


While I waited in line with Steven, Jes decided to go reserve us a table.

NBD - just VIP at the fair.
We ended up getting fried Fruity Pebbles, cookie dough, Reese's, and Oreo's. I was prepared to have my world rocked by the awesomness...but I wasn't. Turns out I'm not impressed by the ability to fry anything you can think of. Maybe if the batter wasn't so thick it would have been better? But I doubt it. At least I can now say that I've had it...even though I wasn't in love.


What do you think about fair food? Love it? Hate it? Gotta have it?

No comments:

Post a Comment