7.27.2011

Rice Krispy Treats - How Deliciously American!

So easy and delicious I could die! and then I did. But the krispy treats revived me. Maybe that's how Harry Potter came back too?

Do my rice krispy treats taste any better than the next guys? Yes. Heck yes.
Do I use a different recipe? probably not, it's from the box.
Then what's the deal? It must be the extra love I put into every batch....or my natural awesomeness in the kitchen and at life.

You decide.
I put them in my red Martha Stewart casserole dish. USA all the way!

Jess had a 4th of July BBQ so it was only natural to bring an all American dessert such as rice krispy treats. (I know, you were probably going to say pie, but to me krispy treats screams I love USA).

I was running low on time, sleep, and energy, so this was the perfect option.

Growing up, whenever we would visit my grandma's house there were always 2 guarantees:

  • we would have fun.
  • She would always have our fave treats (home made jerky, ice cream, cheese, skittles, peanuts, and rice krispy treats).
One of the last times I was visiting and we were making them together she swatted me with a spoon because I wouldn't stop eating them as I was stirring. haha. It's just so hard to resist the deliciousness!


So good you'll want to eat some on the way to the party. I know I did!
Rice Krispy Treats

4 tbs butter (I use the sticks since you just have to cut on the pre-measured lines)
2 bags of mini marshmallows
12 c rice krispy cereal (appx. so buy the large box)

*this is a recipe to make two batches so that your treats are super thick. You probably won't have a bowl large enough to make it all together, so divide the recipe by two and make it twice...that's what I did.

  1. in the microwave or on the stove, melt the butter and marshmallows. If in the microwave, do it in intervals so you don't burn it!
  2. once melted and mixed, start adding in the rice krispies a little at a time. I always approximate how much cereal I use. I just keep going until it looks right. You don't want to over do it or it won't be all soft and Gorey. 
  3. place in greased pan and spread out.
  4. repeat to make second batch and place onto of  first.
  5. let cool, cut, eat.
Don't forget to lick the bowl!


No comments:

Post a Comment